Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Leads all clinical aspects of center to ensure the best patient care for all general ophthalmology, cataract, and glaucoma patients.
• Work with the technicians to improve efficiencies in testing and patient work up, in addition to ensuring accurate patient refractions.
• Follows the clinical standards of care for the center, including, but not limited to: operating practices and procedure, incident tracking/reporting, quality maintenance, surgical protocol, updating medication protocol, patient, and occupational health and safety.
• Interacts with center and surgeon to ensure full communication between the surgeon and the staff in areas of surgical protocol, patient management and medication schedule.
• Performs pre and post- operative care for patients at center and assists doctors with pre and post-operative care when complications arise.
• Follows-up with co-managing/referring doctors regarding patient status and results.
• Defines and reports any clinical incidents as necessary.
• Assists in other areas as needed.
• Licensed Optometrist in the state of AZ
• Cataract experience preferred
• Desire to be an integral part in providing an exceptional patient experience